High School Diploma
Students graduating with a High School Diploma from Mirus must complete 42 Semester Credits in grades 9-12. Mirus’ graduation requirements may fulfill the University of California (UC) and California State University (CSU) admissions requirements. Items that have an asterisk (*) are the courses that UC or CSU bound students should take.
Graduation Course Requirements
English – 8 semester credits
4 credits – English 1-4*
2 credits – American Literature*
2 credits – World Literature*,
Contemporary Voices in Literature* or English Literature*
*4 years required
Mathematics – 6 semester credits
2 credits – Algebra or Integrated Math I
2 credits – Geometry or Integrated Math II
2 credits – Intermediate Algebra*or Integrated Math III or Pre-calculus or Honors Pre-calculus or Statistics
*3 years required, 4 years recommended
Science – 4 semester credits
2 credits – Physical Science (Earth
Science, Physics* or Chemistry*)
2 credits – Life Science (Biology*)
*2 years required, 3 years recommended
Social Studies – 6 semester credits
2 credits – World History*, Geography & Economics*
2 credits – US History*
1 credit – Government*
1 credit – Economics
* 2 1/2 years required
Electives – 13 semester credits
PE credits earned prior to Altus will be counted as elective credits
UC/CSU: 2 credits –Approved electives in same area
Pathways Exhibition – 1 semester credit
All students must present a senior portfolio.
World Languages and Visual and Performing Arts – 2 semester credits
2 credits – World Language (both semesters must be the same language)
2 credits – Visual or Performing Arts
Career and Technical Education, Service Learning and Work Experience Education: 2 semester credits
- Option 1 2 credits of Career and Technical Education (CTE)
- Option 2 2 semesters of Service Learning
- Option 3 2 semesters of Work Experience
Students graduating from Audeo Charter School must attend a senior orientation with a parent/guardian in order to participate in the graduation ceremony.
Grade Point Average (GPA)
All students must have a weighted GPA of 2.0 or higher in scholarship based on coursework completed in grades 9-12.
California High School Proficiency Exam (CHSPE) or General Education Development (GED)
Graduation Course Requirements
Students graduating with the California High School Proficiency Exam (CHSPE) from an Altus school must complete the following requirements:
- Successful completion and passing score on the California High School Proficiency Exam (CHSPE).
- An official score must be received from the State of California verifying a passing score.
- Upon successful completion and at the request of the parent/guardian (unless the student is 18 or older), the student must complete a Parent Consent for Exemption from Compulsory Attendance (Form C-37) and submit it to the school.
Students graduating with the General Education Development (GED) from an Altus school must complete the following requirements:
- Successful completion and passing scores of 410 or higher on all five (5) subject matter exams.
- Overall score of 450 or higher.
- An official score report must be received from the State of California verifying a passing score and a copy submitted to the school.